Self-braking descender with anti-panic function for working on fixed ropes
Petzl’s signature professional descender designed for difficult access and rescue has been improved, yet remains comfortable and easy to use. The I’D S is also available in black for live show production or rescue and intervention.
- Designed for work on a rope: the gate on the swinging side plate helps prevent dropping the device
- Multi-functional handle allows the user to:
- unblock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the braking side of the rope
- move more easily on horizontal or low-angle terrain thanks to the button on the handle
- to position himself while on the rope
- Anti-panic function is engaged if the user pulls too hard on the handle: the pivoting cam is released and automatically brakes to stop the descent
- Anti-error safety cam to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope. The shape of the cam is designed to improve rope glide during an ascent.
- Pivoting cam makes it easier to take up the slack in the rope Can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTPRO footloop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp).