441 Gränsfors Bruks Small Splitting Axe
Each of these small splitting axes is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece, stamped with the initials of the master Swedish smith who forged it. Honed, annealed and tempered to an exact hardness, the Gansfors Axe will be the best you’ve ever owned.
- Handle length: 23".
- Axe head weight: 2.3 lb.
Why We Love It
After the smiths have finished their work, each of these small splitting axes by Granfors are tested with a strike from a massive forging hammer. If the axe doesn’t split or beak, it is deemed ready – the final product can split the toughest oak or ash as easy as a knife in butter.
- Handforged steel.
- Hickory handle.
- Wrought from fine-quality steel.
- Handforged from fine-quality steel by expert Swedish smiths.
- Great for the camp or everyday woodcutting.
- Sharpened, polished and oiled for a fine finish.
- Steel collar protects handle against missed strikes.
- Made in Sweden.